The Galveston Bay Foundation seeks a Staff Accountant to work as a member of our Finance Team. This is a full-time position with some schedule flexibility and full benefits.
The Galveston Bay Foundation (GBF) is a nonprofit organization located on the Upper Texas Coast that has worked for 30 years to preserve and enhance one of the world’s most productive estuaries—Galveston Bay—as a healthy and productive place for generations to come. We have diverse programs in land preservation, habitat restoration, water quality and quantity, youth education, and advocacy. Our office is located approximately 25 miles southeast of downtown Houston in the Clear Lake area. To learn more about the Galveston Bay Foundation, please visit
or find us on social media. For a full job description, visit http://galvbay.org/about/about-us/work-for-gbf/.
Primary duties of the Staff Accountant include:
- Review and process invoices, assist Director of Finance with check runs, and complete other Accounts Payable functions
- Assist Director of Finance with payroll processing including timesheet maintenance
- Review and process cash and credit card receipts
- Review and process monthly American Express charges
- Assist with monthly close including monthly recurring journal entries
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Finance
Qualifications and skills required:
- Bachelor’sdegree in Accounting and 1-3 years of experience in accounting and/or finance
- Detail-oriented work style with a focus on efficiency and accuracy
- Excel experience (basic required, intermediate preferred)
- Experience with accounting software preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently once trained
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to work some weekends and/or evenings
To apply, email a 1) letter of inquiry stating your interest in the position and 2) resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 7, 2017. Reference the position title in the subject line.