The San Jacinto River Authority is seeking a Lead Maintenance & Operations Technician for its division located in Highlands, Texas. The ideal candidate would be responsible for supervising and coordinating a team of operations and maintenance staff in all areas related to operations of the Raw Water System and maintenance of all infrastructure. Responsibilities include:
- Preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of division hydraulic components of production machines and maintenance equipment such as metal fabricating machine tools, material handling system and automated lubrication system, mechanical, electrical, rotating and stationary equipment, hydraulic and mechanical equipment, buildings, structures, and/or other facilities related to the Highlands Raw Water System.
- Periodically assists with the operation of heavy equipment such as trucks or heavy power equipment such as tractors, mechanized boom backhoe, road grader or bulldozer to maintain canals, levees, roadways, and other Authority property in compliance with Authority policy and all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Directs O&M staff to ensure the efficient and consistent use of technology, including SCADA, EAM (CMMS), and the GIS Viewer for operational activities and decision making.
- Utilizes a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to coordinate and maintain records on maintenance activities and inventory of assets, parts, consumables, tools, and equipment. Maintains and develops the work orders.
- Operates Authority passenger vehicles and/or vehicle/trailer/equipment combinations less than gross vehicle weight of 26001 lb. (unless CDL certified) on Authority property and public roadways, safely and in accordance with Authority policy and federal, state, and local laws.
Starting pay is $27.00/hour, commensurate with experience. SJRA offers a full benefit package including medical, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation and sick time, and retirement plan. To apply, please visit our career page at www.sjra.net/about/careers to submit an application.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- At least 6 years of practical experience in utility, canal and/or reservoir operations and the O&M of heavy equipment and the ability to operate CDL required vehicles/equipment.
- At least 1 year supervisory experience.
- Experience with a computerized maintenance management system.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to flowing streams of water and must have the ability to wear the appropriate water safety equipment such as a life vest. The ability to swim is strongly preferred.
- A Texas CDL with insurable driving record is required.
- Aquatic Pesticide Applicator License is preferred.
About this company
Created by the Texas Legislature in 1937 (Article 8280-121, as amended), the San Jacinto River Authority (SJRA) is a government agency whose mission is to develop, conserve, and protect the water resources of the San Jacinto River basin. Covering all or part of seven counties, the organization’s jurisdiction includes the entire San Jacinto River watershed, excluding Harris County. The SJRA is one of 10 major river authorities in the State of Texas, and like other river authorities, its primary purpose is to implement long-term, regional projects related to water supply and wastewater treatment.
The SJRA boundaries include the entire watershed of the San Jacinto River and its tributaries excluding Harris County. This includes all of Montgomery County and parts of Walker, Waller, San Jacinto, Grimes, Fort Bend, and Liberty Counties. SJRA serves many customers in the Houston area and is authorized to operate in East Harris County through an agreement with the City of Houston, which allows the SJRA to operate east of the San Jacinto River.
Location/Region: Highlands, TX