** This is a two (2) year limited term appointment funded through April 30, 2021.
Continuation of employment will be contingent upon availability of funding**
The person in this position will manage and direct academic programs for the Alabama Prison Arts and Education Project (APAEP), a program of the College of Architecture, Design and Construction (CADC).
This position is entirely grant funded through April 30, 2021, or when funding ceases.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Works with Director, Alabama Prison Arts and Education Program to develop statewide network of higher education programs to create pathways of education re-entry; may occasionally teach credit or non-credit classes, up to two classes per year;
* Plans, directs and manages activities associated with non-credit and college credit programming.
Insures that goals and objectives are accomplished within appropriate time frames and funding parameters;
* Provides essential day-to-day management to insure that contractual obligations are met and to insure programmatic aspects critical to the success of the program are satisfied;
* Consistently reviews and evaluates project's programs to provide feedback/recommendations to the Director, Alabama Prison Arts and Education Program;
* Monitors budgets and grant funding to insure expenditures are within specifications and timelines; provides grant reports to external agencies;
* Responsible for other related duties as assigned.
**Close date has been modified** Entry into the applicant pool requires a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution; plus (5) years program management experience at a university level or non-profit.
Employer will consider advance degrees in lieu of experience.
* Working knowledge of contracts and grants accounting and reporting;
* Demonstrated knowledge of working with higher education and student related services;
* Fundraising/grant writing experience;
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs; emphasis on Excel.
* Ability to build and maintain strong relations with faculty, staff, students, and program constituents;
* Exceptional communication skills, highly organized, and meticulous attention to detail;
* Knowledge of higher education in facilities of incarceration;
* Preferred candidate must be cleared for entry into correctional facilities by Alabama Department of Corrections.
Please utilize the attachment feature on our online employment system and attach the following: cover letter, resume and professional references.
Only complete application materials will be accepted for review.
A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment is required.
Location/Region: Auburn University, AL (36849)