The College of Sciences and Mathematics Southeastern Center of Robotics Education (SCORE) is seeking applicants for a SCORE Coordinator.
The duties for the position include but are not limited to:
1. Assisting in the planning and executing of events for VEX Robotics K-12 Tournaments hosted by or supported by SCORE at Auburn University.
Communicating with on-site VEX tournament hosts for pre-planning logistics and providing on-site event support/oversight during tournaments.
2. Assisting with the coordination and implementation of robotics-based programs, camps, trainings, and competitions at SCORE that serve the overall mission of the center.
3. Maintaining and repairing current equipment/kits for SCORE, including but not limited to robots and robotics kits, 3-D printing machines, VEX tournament equipment, training computers, drones, travel trailer and vehicles.
Ordering new equipment/kits as needed. 4.
Assisting with developing and distributing marketing materials for SCORE programs, including print materials and website maintenance.
5. Travels as needed to assist partner sites and/or schools hosting robotics education competitions, trainings, and programs.
6. May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Entry into the applicant pool requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
Candidates must have a working knowledge of educational robotics kits used in VEX, BEST, SeaPerch, and other similar systems.
In addition a working knowledge of operational logistics needed to set up and host Robotics tournaments (VEX, BEST, SeaPerch), including setting up competition fields, tournament manager/scoring, displays and sound systems.
Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively direct community volunteers in tournament set-up procedures.
Candidates must also have the ability to foster and maintain positive professional relations with appropriate stakeholders (2-yr and 4-yr college faculty, industry sponsors, teachers, K-12 and higher ed administrators).
Candidates must be able to interact positively and communicate effectively with university and K-12 faculty, staff, students, administrators, and the community.
Candidates must have a commitment to equal opportunity and multi-cultural diversity and strong organizational and computer skills.
Qualified candidates must have a positive disposition and work well with others especially children.
Please utilize the attachment feature of our online employment system and attach the following: a brief cover letter with summary of robotics experience, resume and list of three professional references.
Only complete application packets will be considered.
Location/Region: Auburn University, AL (36849)