Cobham is seeking a RF Technician
to work at our San Jose,CA facility. The RF Technician’s responsibilities are focused in thearea of microwave circuit alignment and test and subsystems test tomeet shipping schedules. The RF Technician will support productionactivities within a group concentrating on advanced microwavesubsystems for applications including missile front ends, radarreceivers, wideband tuners and synthesized sources. Duties includeRF circuit alignment, circuit card testing and troubleshooting,subsystem product alignment and testing, collecting and documentingtest data and providing feedback to manufacturing engineers onproduction products.10% differential for 2nd shift.Responsibilities:
- Work in a production environment to perform testing andtroubleshooting of microwave subsystems and circuit cardassemblies and carefully review data for compliance.
- Work in a production environment to perform RF tuning,troubleshooting and testing on multi-function thin filmmicrowave integrated circuits (MICs) and carefully review datafor compliance.
- Carefully follow production documentation and processes,including keeping detailed records of testing and reworkperformed.
- Actively participate in daily production meetings andregularly interface with manufacturing engineers.
- Associates Degree in Electronics, trade school or technicaleducation and 5+ years experience OR, 8+ years workexperience in lieu of an Associate Degree or trade school ortechnical education.
- Familiarity with microwave test equipment including:network/spectrum analyzers, signal generators, power supplies,power meters and DVMs
- Good manual dexterity and experience/willingness to work usinga microscope and small hand-tools.
- Good written and verbal skills and ability to carefully followwritten instructions.
- Computer skills are required for this position including: filemanipulation, file organization, accessing and launching variousprograms, and basic Microsoft Excel.
- US Citizenship required along with the ability to obtain andmaintain Secret Clearance.
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined byITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protectedindividual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to beeligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be aUS Citizen.About Us:
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in thedevelopment, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace anddefense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients andpartners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technologythey need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity andpassion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empoweringculture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plansfor the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer andembraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy ofCobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants andemployees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham willrefrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclosetheir compensation or the compensation of other employees orapplicants.
Location/Region: San Jose, CA