Amherst College invites applications for the Assistant Dean of Admission position. The Assistant Dean of Admission is a full time, year round position, job group and level PT-2. In support of our institutional vision of expanded access and broad diversity across geographic, racial, ethnic and socioeconomic dimensions, Amherst is committed to need-blind admission and generous need-based, no-loan financial aid for all students, domestic and international. The Assistant Dean of Admission works with the Dean of Admission to achieve an academically talented and diverse student body,
The Assistant Dean is responsible for recruitment travel, conducting information sessions with students and families, reading and evaluating admission applications, and operating Slate, our Admission Office database. The Assistant Dean of Admission coordinates our partnership with the QuestBridge program; hires, trains and supervisors our student telementors; provides support to our Slate team and serves as a member of the transfer outreach team.
The Assistant Dean takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Recruitment and Admission
- Conduct presentations for groups up to 250 visiting prospective students and their families
- Develop recruitment strategies and coordinate travel in assigned geographic markets
- Cultivate relationships with high-school counselors and Community Based Organizations within specific geomarkets
- Read and evaluate applications for admission
- Oversee application evaluation within assigned geomarkets
- Participate as a voting member of the admission committee
- Create queries and reports within Slate in support of Slate team
- Oversight of assigned recruitment travel and communication
- Support the Associate Dean/Coordinator of Slate
- Assist with on-campus open houses
- Coordinate the Questbridge Program partnership and outreach
- Coordinate our student-staffed Telementor Program
Transfer Outreach Team
- As a supporting member of the transfer admission team, recruit and evaluate transfer applicants
- Bachelor's Degree
- Valid Driver's License and successful credentialing is required in order to operate college vehicles
- 2 - 3 years of experience in higher education admission or a related field
- Ability to articulate the benefits of a liberal arts education to a diverse audience
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills and able to communicate effectively with varied constituencies, including prospective applicants, parents, high school counselors, alumni, faculty and staff
- Proficiency in the use of technology and programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel, Slate and related web analytics, as well as experience with web editing tools
- Excellent time-management, presentation, and organizational skills
- Close, consistent attention to detail
- Evenings and weekend work sometimes required
- Travel approximately 15 - 20 days for recruitment (may include international travel) including driving to/from high schools and college fairs for recruitment
- Experience working with Slate
Interestedcandidates are asked to submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (email and/or telephone numbers) for three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
ABOUT AMHERST COLLEGE
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college's community is composed of about1,800 students from 48 states, plus Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college's scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm ; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum , Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum ; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst the perfect place to work, learn and live!
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zqhn59w4483qqfdd