The San Jacinto River Authority is seeking to fill an Operations Technician 1 position in the Lake Conroe Division. This position will assist in performing safe operations of Lake Conroe and Bear Branch facilities and systems in compliance with all state and federal regulations. Duties include:
- Assists in operations of Lake Conroe regarding releases made from the dam.
- Regularly surveys the reservoir and Bear Branch system for invasive aquatic vegetation growth and spread; assists with executing treatment of the infested areas.
- Provides field support and assists with proper processing, reporting, invoicing, fee collections, and inspections of all permits and licenses associated with residential and commercial docks, marinas, and other commercial enterprises on Lake Conroe.
- Appropriately and timely responds to and participates in activities associated with emergency operations and non-emergency on-call responsibilities.
- Coordinates with the Maintenance Department to assist with maintenance of the Lake Conroe facilities which may include mowing and weed eating, spraying herbicide or insecticide, maintenance of the spillway and service outlet gates, and equipment maintenance.
- Prepares and submits required monthly, annual and other periodic reports; maintains necessary files and records.
Starting pay is $18.50/hr (commensurate with experience). SJRA offers a full benefit package including medical, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation and sick time, and retirement plan.
- Associate Degree from a two year community or junior college, technical school, trade school or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of practical work experience in a related field.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- TDA Pesticide Applicators License is a plus (or must be obtained within 6 months of hire date.)
- Valid Texas Driver’s License with insurable record.
To apply and see a complete list of duties and requirements, please visit our career page at www.sjra.net/about/careers.
About this company
Created by the Texas Legislature in 1937 (Article 8280-121, as amended), the San Jacinto River Authority (SJRA) is a government agency whose mission is to develop, conserve, and protect the water resources of the San Jacinto River basin. Covering all or part of seven counties, the organization’s jurisdiction includes the entire San Jacinto River watershed, excluding Harris County. The SJRA is one of 10 major river authorities in the State of Texas, and like other river authorities, its primary purpose is to implement long-term, regional projects related to water supply and wastewater treatment.
The SJRA boundaries include the entire watershed of the San Jacinto River and its tributaries excluding Harris County. This includes all of Montgomery County and parts of Walker, Waller, San Jacinto, Grimes, Fort Bend, and Liberty Counties. SJRA serves many customers in the Houston area and is authorized to operate in East Harris County through an agreement with the City of Houston, which allows the SJRA to operate east of the San Jacinto River.