Senior Technical Product Manager - Data Engineering
Location: New York, NY
Do you have a foundation in deep technology? Driven to realize your product vision? Join a fast growing software product firm located in the Chelsea area of New York City working as a Senior Technical Product Manager / Solutions Architect working within the Engineering group focusing on Data Engineering initiatives and steering the creation of amazing Data products that are efficient, intuitive, scalable and responsive. Collaborate with your high-powered teammates to build a revolutionary Platform that allows developers to create a new suite of products to manage human capital across the globe.
• Data Engineering - For TPMs, the data engineering one can be any kind of DB background. They should understand relational and NoSQL. Could be a former DBA or Database Developer. Doesn't matter what type of database specifically (Oracle, SQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, etc).
• Create and own the product vision and strategic direction. Building the MVP, creation/documentation/testing and ownership of User Stories and product Backlogs.
• Be an integral part of the technical design. Guide the engineering team and recommend solutions to build the product.
• Build APIs, features/enhancements, owning wireframes and mockups.
• Ship products that people love using.
• Own and prioritize the backlog. Prioritize according to client needs and business value.
• Communicate the product strategic and tactical direction to all stakeholders.
• 6+ years of experience in software delivery, including a mixture of product owner, architect, and software developer experience.
• An influential decision-maker and strategist.
• A problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrable knowledge of computer science foundations.
• Driven by collaboration and open communication.
• A communicator and a listener.
• Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies, i.e. Scrum.
• Experience with a NoSQL database such as Cassandra, Hbase, Couchbase or MongoDB.
• Knowledge of web front end development & technologies.
• Experience with at least one major server side web development stack.
• Technical knowledge of the least one major RDBMS such as MySQL, PostgreSQL or Oracle