The San Jacinto River Authority is seeking to fill the position of Heavy Equipment Operator 2 located at the Highlands Division in Highlands, TX. The position will operate heavy equipment such as trucks, tractors, mechanized boom, backhoe, road grater or bull dozer to maintain canals, levees, roadways, and other Authority property. This individual will also perform or assist in performance or preventative maintenance of hydraulic and mechanical equipment, buildings, structures, and/or other facilities in a manner to achieve optimal safety, efficiency, quality and reliability.
Pay: $20.00 to $22.00/hr. SJRA offers a full benefit package including medical, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation and sick time, and retirement plan.
- High school diploma or GED and 3 to 4 years related experience and/or training in the operation of heavy equipment. Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered.
- Experience with or the ability to develop a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience with or the ability to learn a computerized maintenance management system.
- Mechanical aptitude; handy with tools and equipment
- Valid Texas Driver’s license with an insurable driving record.
- Valid Texas Commercial Driver’s License is a plus.
- Aquatic Herbicide License or ability to obtain license is preferred.
- Ability to wear the appropriate water safety equipment such as a life vest due to occasional exposure to flowing streams of water. The ability to swim is strongly preferred.
To apply & see a complete job description, please visit our website career page at http://www.sjra.net/about/careers
About this company
Created by the Texas Legislature in 1937 (Article 8280-121, as amended), the San Jacinto River Authority (SJRA) is a government agency whose mission is to develop, conserve, and protect the water resources of the San Jacinto River basin. Covering all or part of seven counties, the organization’s jurisdiction includes the entire San Jacinto River watershed, excluding Harris County. The SJRA is one of 10 major river authorities in the State of Texas, and like other river authorities, its primary purpose is to implement long-term, regional projects related to water supply and wastewater treatment.
The SJRA boundaries include the entire watershed of the San Jacinto River and its tributaries excluding Harris County. This includes all of Montgomery County and parts of Walker, Waller, San Jacinto, Grimes, Fort Bend, and Liberty Counties. SJRA serves many customers in the Houston area and is authorized to operate in East Harris County through an agreement with the City of Houston, which allows the SJRA to operate east of the San Jacinto River.
Location/Region: Highlands, TX