Job DescriptionGeneral Responsibilities:
As an entry level Field Scientist/Geologist within the Terracon DFW Metro Offices, you will perform routine field investigations (i.e. collection of soil, groundwater, surface water, soil gas, and/or sediment samples), conduct routine calculations, coordinate laboratory analysis, and evaluate analytical data in general accordance with Terracon's Field Practice Guidelines and Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) guidelines. In conjunction with field investigations, the position will require coordination and directing of subcontractors. Field Scientists/Geologists may also be responsible for client and subcontractor contact/correspondence pertaining to specific projects/tasks. The position will require drafting written proposals and reports to clients and/or regulatory agencies for small projects and assisting Project Managers and/or Group Managers with portions of larger projects. Generally, the Field Scientist/Geologist position will consist of approximately 80% field work and 20% office-related duties. Some overnight travel may be required with this position.Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Developing level scientific professional responsible for conducting analyses of component portions of projects; assignments are designed to develop knowledge and abilities.
- Perform site visits, field observations and field data collection or assignments.
- Assist in the collection and analysis of data from sampling, reports, maps, drawings, tests and aerial photographs to evaluate, plan and permit projects.
- Conduct water, soil and other sampling.
- Implements technical requirements to complete client projects by directing field staff to sample, test and collect data and/or document site activities.
- Outlines required investigative program(s) by selecting the proper alternative techniques to conduct site studies in field of expertise.
- Drafts written proposals to clients for small projects and may assist with portions of proposals on larger projects.
- May have limited client contact pertaining to specific projects/tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or related science field and 0 to 1 year related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 5 years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- OSHA 40-Hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER)
- Texas Board of Profession Geoscientist, Geoscientist-In-Training (GIT)
- Certification in Field of Expertise
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 4,000 employees in over 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Location/Region: Dallas, TX