FLSA STATUS: Full-time/Exempt
REPORTS TO: Service Delivery Manager
LOCATION: Columbus, OH
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: <10%
The Trade Specialist will be a subject matter expert for their specific trade role and will primarily be responsible to review relevant trade related proposals for repair and replacement. This position will work directly with our service providers and staff to answer any industry related questions and ensure we are in line with all industry best practices and pricing.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and evaluate all repair and replacement proposals through fmPilot (software application) specific to commercial settings
- Utilize personal trade/field experience to identify pricing errors, overcharges, and proper breakout to help control/monitor repair costs
- Communicate with service providers, FacilitySource team members, and clients
- Review and respond to work orders in a set time frame
- Review work order history of location for prior system repairs
- Negotiate best possible terms for repair scenarios with service providers
- Develop internal and external partnerships and utilize influencing skills to secure best services at best cost to the client
- Foster both Client and Service Provider relationships while achieving the desired results of controlling expense
- Maintain detailed records of activities and completed work orders and track financial savings
- Candidates must be willing to work schedules based on the client operating hours, which may include evenings, holidays, and weekends. Specific information will be provided by the recruiter
- May require occasional overnight travel to visit customer locations
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced engineering principles and practices
- Ability to improve job costs through negotiation with vendors
- Ability to conduct research to ensure accuracy of all estimates
- Ability to recognize cost-saving opportunities and provide alternate options when needed
- Workflow comprehension
- Proficiency in preparing work orders, trade documents, and e-mail communications
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- High sense of urgency with ability to meet deadlines
- Adaptable to an ever changing environment
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Strong computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications
- Listens and communicate effectively with a diverse group of people
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline preferred (Facility Management, Mechanical, Building Construction, Engineering etc.) and/or 4+ years’ work related experience in Technical Trade
- 5-10 years commercial experience in specific trade
- Licensure or certification in specialized trade
WHY WORK FOR US:
FacilitySource knows that the best thing we can do to make our clients happy is to make our employees happy.
What We Do
CBRE | FacilitySource provides an innovative, technology-driven, single-source facility management and support solution to leading brands in retail, banking, logistics, health care and many other sectors. CBRE | FacilitySource maintains the industry’s largest and most reliable data repository to provide business intelligence, transparency, flexibility, support and the Elite Network of Service Providers to save clients’ money and get the most out of their facilities, while offering peace of mind. Established in 2005, FacilitySource was acquired in 2018 by CBRE Group, Inc., the largest commercial real estate services and investment firm in the world.
Maintaining our facility management solutions starts with our employees. We take the time to foster a unique culture for our employees, one that thrives on innovation, professional development, performance recognition, and creating an enjoyable workplace. Our biggest assets are our employees and we are always looking for ways to support a positive employee experience. Whether it’s through our business casual dress code that includes jeans every day, our recognition programs for performance and new ideas, or our regularly scheduled employee events and activities to get people interacting with each other, we are gladly investing in programs that inspire our employees to achieve their best, make our clients happy, and have fun.
Benefits and Employee Offerings
Our tagline is UP. AND RUNNING. We keep our clients’ facilities running smoothly with our facility support solutions. And, we keep our employees UP. AND RUNNING. By offering a wide variety of professional development courses to enhance job efficiency while promoting professional growth. Come explore the variety of employee benefits including Paid Volunteer Time, 20 days of paid time off in the first year, a variety of medical plans, and an employer matching 401(k).
Come Join the Team
FacilitySource has had record growth year-over-year largely because we have motivated employees offering our clients best-in-class service. If you are customer centric, are looking for a career and not just a job, and want to be part of a positive work culture where employees work hard and play hard, then apply today!
Location/Region: Columbus, OH