Job DescriptionGeneral Responsibilities:
As an Assistant Project Manager within Site Investigation and Remediation Group of the Terracon DFW Metro Offices, you will perform routine field investigations (i.e. collection of soil, groundwater, surface water, soil gas, and/or sediment samples). conduct routine calculations, coordinate laboratory analysis, and evaluate analytical data in general accordance with Terracon's Field Practice Guidelines and Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) guidelines. In conjunction with field investigations, the position will require coordination and directing of subcontractors. Assistant Project Managers may also be responsible for client and subcontractor contact/correspondence pertaining to specific project/tasks. An Assistant Project Manager should have experience evaluating and closing sites subject to TCEQ Texas Risk Reduction Program (TRRP) and Petroleum Storage Tank Program (PST). The position will require drafting written proposals and reports to clients and/or regulatory agencies for small projects and assisting Project Managers and/or Group Managers with portions of larger projects. The applicant should be familiar with preparing routine TCEQ and/or regulatory agency reports/documents such as Affected Property Assessment Reports (APAR), Municipal Setting Designations (MSD), Release Determination Reports (RDR), Assessment Report Forms (ARF), Field Activity Reports (FAR), Monitoring Event Summary and Status Report (MESSR), etc. Generally, the Assistant Project Manager position will consist of approximately and 60% office-related duties and 40% field work. Some overnight travel may be required for this position.Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Under direct supervision manage a small project, or one phase of a large project.
- Implement an established project plan.
- Identify, resolve, or escalate operational problems and minimize delays.
- Lead safety efforts including preparation and compliance with approved safety plan.
- Analyze project requirements and perform calculations or writes reports and completes deliverables.
- Coordinate the activities of outside contractors to ensure they are integrated into the project and the firm receives satisfactory standards of service.
- Estimate the costs, resources, and time required to complete the assigned phase of a project and monitor activities, allocate resources and assign tasks to ensure these targets are met.
- Conduct project meetings and prepare regular reports to communicate the status of the project within and beyond the project team.
- Set priorities, assign tasks, and coordinates project staff to meet project targets and milestones.
- Submits project deliverables to client as per contract scope and schedule
- Responsible to deliver work within approved budget
- Coordinates with Terracon Authorized Project Reviewer (APR) to ensure appropriate oversight is in place and sufficient time allowed for reviews of all critical junctures.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage APRs on projects at their onset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Geology or related science field and a minimum of 2 years’ related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 6 years’ related experience.
- Master's Degree Preferred
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- OSHA 40-Hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER)
- Texas Board of Professional Geoscientist, Geoscientist-In-Training (GIT)
- TCEQ Corrective Action Project Manager (CAPM)
- Certification in field of expertise
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 4,000 employees in over 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Location/Region: Dallas, TX