Job DescriptionGeneral Responsibilities:
Perform computer aided drafting (CAD) for preparation of architectural and engineering drawings using industry appropriate software (primarily AutoCAD). Use standard symbol sets and drawings to minimize drawing effort. Performs hand drafting and sketching as needed. Reference information from vendor prints, catalogs, and technical manuals to complete drafting under the direction of senior staff members. The office for this position will be located in the metro Detroit area but will include visits to construction sites and other Terracon offices across the Midwest. Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Under supervision of a more senior level CAD Operator/senior staff, assist or performs routine to moderately difficult drafting.
- Assists Senior CAD Operator(s)/senior staff in production of drawings, including pick up of all copies, any artwork and related materials to the proper vendor.
- Orders and maintains supplies for the drafting department.
- Participation in visits to active construction sites and completed buildings to assist in data collection, documentation, and verification testing.
- Develop and maintain office related documents (Word/Xcel) and perform tasks to support the office.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years practical CAD experience.
- Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree in graphic or drafting technology preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 4,000 employees in over 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Location/Region: Cincinnati, OH